holy crap.

kooki_sf

• Members

All that loverly analogue kit and a pile of Mackie, MOTU and some bleh effects {but the Moogerfoogers are nice}. It's like Hans Zimmer took all of his synths to my apartment a few years ago and recorded
Gladiator
there.

Yeah that surprised me too. If I had all that amazing analog gear, I'd have some high quality A/D to record it all! But still, amazing studio!

-D

• Members

Yeah that surprised me too. If I had all that amazing analog gear, I'd have some high quality A/D to record it all! But still, amazing studio!

-D

from what I have heard of the music he does, the intricacies of the sequencing and textures the guy creates almost completely mask the need for any sort of super pure recording setup. Seems like the kind of person who spends all of their time composing and actually MAKING MUSIC rather than worrying about slight differences in AD/DA quality. the guy gets numerous tv/film scoring gigs so he must know what he is doing.. remember the old aeon flux cartoons?

• Members

Seems like the kind of person who spends all of their time composing and actually MAKING MUSIC rather than worrying about slight differences in AD/DA quality. the guy gets numerous tv/film scoring gigs so he must know what he is doing.. remember the old aeon flux cartoons?

For all I know, basically this is a guy who spends his scoring check on pure analog synthgoodness.

Then, when it comes to the actual scoring, flips on a few patches from some unlisted EWQL libraries, and calls it a day. :)

(Just kidding... his bio looks like a lot of his work is actually sound FX, which the modular goodness would be very useful for. It also explains the lack of beefy recording gear.)

• Members

We met a guy last year who scores music for television. He had a wall of Blacet and Modcan stuff, but almost all of the money that paid the bills was done with softsynths. The hardware was there for creativity and love.

But, I figure that if you're going to drop that kind of coin on synths, why not go the extra bit and get the recording gear to make them really shine? Great outboard to do wonders for synths.

Guest Anonymous

The Bellari RP-220 is a high voltage tube mic pre that sounds pretty damn punchy especially when the tube is changed to a Telefunken or TKO. I'm not saying it's as good as a $2k-$3k mic pre but, for $400 and a couple of tubes they kick ass.

Bellari RP-220

http://www.rolls.com/new/rp220.html

Telefunken knock-off

http://thetubestore.com/12ax7.html

:thu:

• Members

A lot of great options reside between the cheap and multi-thousand dollar extremes, and I know you know that, Mister +1 for Demeter.

I know. And I'm not complaining about my dbx 586 either, I don't care how much other people hate it. All the best for me.

But TWO Alesis 3630?? Are you kidding me? Even I won't stoop that low :cop:

Archived