M9 expression pedal uses. Give me some Ideas!

Fendert

• Members

W_e-XCcTAUY

Expression pedals are great for the whammy & wahs, of course... but where it ends up being really handy is on the fly tweaking of effects.

For instance, you can set up a drive for lower gain rhythm and higher gain lead ... and then switch between the two (and anywhere in between) with the sweep of an expression pedal.

As you have the capability to tweak literally any parameter(s) on-the-fly for any effect though, the same is true of any other effect. You can set up a delay or reverb with a long decay and instantly pull it back w/ the expression. Really cool.

Here's a cool example of that kinda thing by BTBAM:

3QUS3sLS3NA

And a walkthrough of expression stuff:

Cect3UL5Y2c

And BTBAM has also found a cool way of using dual expression when looping:

AcKwLbN9kgE

• Members

I have a tube echo set up for a slapback kind of delay with heel down, but the feedback and mix goes up and it goes into instant oscillation when you push the toe all the way down.

Typical use, but I have it set to adjust the speed of either phase or tremelo. Nice for ramp up/down during a song.

I have another modulation setting for chorus at heel down and switch to vibrato at toe down.

• Members

I dig Brian's idea about the looping/effect parameter change thing. Looks like it could be handy.

Kind of off topic, but did anyone ever get that MIDI looper controller figured out for the M9?

ahh Thats a good question I was wondering the same.

just from playing around I got a cool thing going on with the octo. heel I have everything about halfway, with the mix up about 1/3, toe I rev mix, tone, decay all the way up, and time to 0mm. pretty cool for some swells that aren't just volume.

also for the digi delay with mod I have heel just strait with no modulation, then toe with depth and speed both pretty high, depth higher than speed.

Archived