How to rehouse a dano Cool Cat Drive?

Thomas Rojo

• Members

The TOD is taking up to much space?? I dont think you can really make it any smaller than it already is.. Rehousing it will probably make it bigger in fact :poke:

It is a little wide for the space available on my board. It would probably benefit me to rehouse it into something slimmer.

• Members

How do you keep your Dano Drive set? How does it work with your Bir Muff Tone Wicker? I've got the Drive and a MXR Classic OD, and I had the level relatively low on both but the gain all the way up. They sounded good individually but like crap when I stacked them. I started messing around with the level and drive controls on each, moving all knobs to around 12:00 and they stack a little better now, though it's still pretty noisy. I've with found the Classic OD, there essentially isn't alot of difference in the amount of gain between 12:00 and full out, whereas the Drive there is a significant amount of difference in gain between 12:00 and full out. I never had the gain past 3:00 on the Drive anyways, it got a little buzzy full out.

I want to add a silicon fuzz or big muff tone wicker, but I'm not sure which one. I'm going to have to go to the store and mess around with them.

I usually keep my CC drive under twelve on the gain control for an amp like OD. I have my tone and wicker off on my fuzz so i get a very transparent fuzz which is similar to the drive at higher gain levels. i have the drive before the muff and when i stack them i find that the compression and gain is very similar to the muff alone but my mids and highs are much more pronounced because of the CCdrive. There are probably alot more fuzzes i would like to prefer for the stacking but the stacking i have now is good when you go from a fuzzy rhythm on just the muff to a staked solo with the much needed treble from the CCdrive

• Members

can you post a link ^. have you listened to the GMD demo on youtube? the V1 sounds different from V2, and neither sound like the Timmy. they're close but I can hear a difference, the Timmy is more open sounding, or "transparent".

It was on a pedal builder's forum to which we are not supposed to link to; but the V1 TOD IS component for component identical, except for pot taper, and I have traced it myself for fun to confirm this.

Either GMD put the dials on the same positions and the different taper made them different (pots have a tolerance of TWENTY PERCENT, so "the same" setting is meaningless even in two identical pedals) or your ears are playing tricks on you (there's lots of debate over whether one can hear the difference between capacitors etc. in an acoustically controlled environment, never mind at youtube quality)

Archived