GOAL OF TODAY:

Ryan.

• Members

Gorm total cost when all is said and done = ?

Depends how far you want to go with it. I had some spare wood to make it slanted, and chucked some black spray paint on it, which came to around $15. Then there's the matter of velcro, I can't remember how much it cost.

People have gone much further though.

• Members

Depends how far you want to go with it. I had some spare wood to make it slanted, and chucked some black spray paint on it, which came to around $15. Then there's the matter of velcro, I can't remember how much it cost.

People have gone much further though.

Also this was for the smaller one, the big one is a couple bucks extra.

• Members

I would go with a PT-2, it is a good investment. If you aren't going to be doing a lot of transporting, maybe some of the higher end Rondo boards might work too, even their better ones are under $100 I think.

I'm really leaning towards the pedal trains just cause they look strong as hell, and this will be a gigging board, so I don't want it falling apart or start breaking in half when I stomp it.

• Members

ot: but does anyone with a gorm have a road case too? I know a big gorm measures a few inches smaller than a pt-pro (if memory serves) so common sense would say a pt-pro hardcase would work fine, but I'd rather hear an experienced opinion.

try PM'ing forumite djmhiratzka. I know he built himself a Gorm board that looked pretty slick and stuck it in a roadcase, though I'm not sure of the size or brand he used.

• Members

Do it! Seriously.

You can't go wrong with a Pedaltrain. They're solid.

I think I'm in... but check it...

PT-2 WITH SOFT CASE (24 Inches Wide)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pedaltrain-PT2-Pedalboard-with-Softshell-Gig-Bag?sku=150581

PT-1 WITH HARD CASE (22 Inches Wide)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Pedaltrain-One-PT1HC-Pedalboard-with-Hard-Case?sku=430425

Do I want the added protection of the hard case and lose a bit of space... or do I want the soft case with the pocket for extra guitar shiz and a bit more of space...

• Members

PT-1 was my first suggestion. It's two extra inches, which is like BARELY a Malekko micron pedal. Given the pedals in the first picture, they should be able to fit on there just fine.

The only downfall I've heard about that case is that the latches don't bend all the way, so the case won't sit open at a 90 degree angle when you're trying to load the board in which might be a bit frustrating packing up after a gig. I've never seen one in person to comment though, only the PT-2 ATA cases.

• Members

yep, pedal trains are very nice. the aluminum alloy is super heavy duty.

having the bag/ case that comes with it is very useful too when youre moving your rig. sticking a homemade wooden pedalboard into a duffle bag isnt quite the same thing. takes up more room and theres more room for things to slide around and cause problems.

:)

• Members

i need a new board and im looking at several options, wether to build a techinal board, such as slanted etc, and use slants to hide power cables and patch cables. or just do the gorm way. im not quiet sure yet and i need to buy about 6 more pedals and then sell the rest. sound

Archived