Some info on Alesis Fusion Please

born2die75

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
What did you make to the link in my last post to the motif would it be something that you would consider even with the damage? It's the only motif on the bay that is sensibly priced and not an XS. I mean even the old classic triton's are going for nearly

• Members

No reason not to go with the Motif unless you're thinking about resale value down the road. You can always change that key but it's hard work. You can't really fix the case though.

If you're not a synth guy, better to save a bit and get a decent Motif. The Fusion doesn't have step sequencing either, just a pattern-based sequencer. To me this isn't an issue, to you it might be.

• Members

The Fantom "S" is a fine instrument, but it's not going to be that big of a step up. Seriously, save some money. I know it's burning a hole in your pocket, but it will be worth it to get what it is you want.

Trust me. I've bought too many "I can afford it now!" things just to sell them for something else.

Case and point: Korg TR61...sold it to buy a Korg Triton Extreme 61.

• Members

no I have a weighted board but the 8HD Were going so cheap that it became a viable option. I just want a better keybed and a less buggy os. I quite like the roland sounds and I have never owned a modern yamaha synth so I cannot comment on there sounds.

It just seems that the Fantom s can do what I need it to do I am just looking for a good opinion on its keybed sounds and sequencer. It looks like editing samples etc would be easier and then there are the pads on the left I was looking at buying a drum pad but if these will do the job all the better. I am not fussy about the lack of color screen . It helps it has the usb connection as there will be no extra hardware to buy.

It's just a toss up as good motif's are rare in the uk second hand and I need to replace this board rather quickly IE within the week (I really wasn't expecting it to sell so quick with the credit crunch etc.) and this S series I can pick up next week if the juno sells. and it has to be better than a triton classic ;)

• Members

ok I guess it is whichever comes first I made the mistake of buying the G budget workstation and I don't want to make that mistake again.

Th s and xa are tempting but the motif still holds my attention we will have to see what is around if I sell the juno over the weekend

• Members

It's close to selling the wife at the moment I am trying to prove she is cheating but as I am left home alone babysitting it's a hard thing to do and getting near her pone is impossible. But if she goes then at least it's more synth and make music time with no interruptions.

Archived