Paying For Postage Through PayPal

CrystalLake

• Members

I sold a few pedals on eBay, and I usually use flat-rate boxes, so calculating postage is easy. However, I have a ton of the standard USPS 7x7x6 boxes to ship some pedals, and I wondered how much to put for the weight. Are all pedals in their box around 2lbs.?

Thanks!

• Members

Typically (in my experience of selling pedals), a compact pedal of metal construction (e.g. Boss- or MXR-sized), once packaged up will weigh around 500-600g - so a little over 1lb.

Larger pedals will tend to be around 800-950g - around 2lbs... but may be slightly more.

Big box EHX (DMM and the like) will be a little more than that again;

I recently had to ship an old Stereo Memory Man with wooden box, which was over 2kg - about 5lbs.

Don't you have any kitchen scales you could use to check things?

• Members

Thanks! The pedals that are going out are the 616, Lunar Module, SHOD, and the Polytune.
Probably a bit over 1lb.?

I dont have any kitchen scales at home, just a regular weight scale.

Yeah I'd say so...

Pedals in those types of cases usually weigh about 300g (2/3 of a pound) on their own, adding all the packaging and documents will probably bring it up to around 1lb and not too much more.

• Members

Thanks! The pedals that are going out are the 616, Lunar Module, SHOD, and the Polytune. Probably a bit over 1lb.?

I dont have any kitchen scales at home, just a regular weight scale.

You could always pack the pedals and then calculate the weight by weighing yourself holding each individual package and subtracting your weight.

Archived