Behringer TO800 vs Digitech Bad Monkey vs other

wanner

• Members

Hi,

Im playing a Gibson LP Special Worn & Faded through a Fender Deluxe VM 40W and i want to buy a distortion pedal. My main goal is to get a nice blues sound. I am on a limited budget and at the moment I will only be practising at home.

I have my eyes on the Behringer TO800 and the Digitech Bad Monkey. Which of these do you prefer? Can you recomend any other in the same price range?

Really appreciate your answers!

• Members

order pedal because you dont care either way

i like your style
:cool:

let us know what you think when it arrives

Hehe, found a store with a good price and i felt drawn to the buy button, just couldnt resist it. It will be my first pedal so I dont really have anything to compare it against, but I will give my 2c once it has arrived.

• Members

I like my Bad Monkey too. I have a Jekyll and Hyde, and the BM can get a little dirtier than the Jekyll side, so now I have that set for low gain and the BM set for high. Plus, the speaker-sim out does a respectable job. Nothing close to replacing your amp, but if you need to go direct in a pinch, it's a good option.

• Members

let us know what you think when it arrives

Got it today. Have been playing with it alittle and I think that it does a fine job boosting my Fender Deluxe VM :thu: (especially the dirty channel!). Then again, i have no other od pedals to compare it against except the built in the GT-8. But im happy with my purchase!

Archived