Any Ibanez DL-10 Delay lovers here?

companyman

• Members

It has a dry out.

Don't know why people always says that these sound like analog delays... Nice pristine digital repeats, not overly bright or piercing, but nowhere near to analog muddiness. Same thing with the Digitech PDS-series.

• Members

Really like mine. On the analog thing, I'd agree that it's certainly not murky or dirty. What it is that's a little different from what most folks think of when they hear digital is that it's slightly smoother/softer on top and bottom. I do wish there were a way to transplant the DL10s tonal thumbprint into something with tap. Great for solo/homefront stuff, but not so much for integrating into a band situation with a defined meter.

• Members

im a big fan boy. do you know you can twist the pot for inifinite repeats? i never tried it but apparently it can be done, and theres a hole in the battery compartment for it. its encouraged!

um..yes, its not analog, but heres a story: i have had tape echos and analog delays for like 10 years before i got a digital delay. i played it in a shop last year in KURUME, fukuoka japan just on a whim, and my ears immediately perked up, surprised the hell out of me! its such a lovely, soft sound. its maybe a bit similar to the dd2/mij 3. i pai $130 to import one i like the sound so much

• Members

Seifukusha,

Following up, have you played a delay with tap that's smooth/soft and yet clear like the DL10? Still looking for the best of both worlds. I'll have to check the battery compartment thing...

Michael

im a big fan boy. do you know you can twist the pot for inifinite repeats? i never tried it but apparently it can be done, and theres a hole in the battery compartment for it. its encouraged!

um..yes, its not analog, but heres a story: i have had tape echos and analog delays for like 10 years before i got a digital delay. i played it in a shop last year in KURUME, fukuoka japan just on a whim, and my ears immediately perked up, surprised the hell out of me! its such a lovely, soft sound. its maybe a bit similar to the dd2/mij 3. i pai $130 to import one i like the sound so much

• Members

Seifukusha,

Following up, have you played a delay with tap that's smooth/soft and yet clear like the DL10? Still looking for the best of both worlds. I'll have to check the battery compartment thing...

Michael

i like old fashioned low res digital delays, they didnt have tap.

• Members

I've got a PDD-1 which I'm pretty sure is the same circuit as the DL-10, just has the ability to store presets. Very cool little pedal, definitely has a nice sound and a sense of warmness to it. The repeats aren't 100% clean, or at least the high end isn't 100% of the original signal, so it feels warmer.

• Members

Michael

I once had an Akai Headrush E1 and it came really close. Didn't have change to test them side by side but otherwise that would be my choice if I'd need tap tempo. Currently I have modded DL4 and I can't find a good digital delay setting from it.. :facepalm: That's why I've got a Digitech PDS-2000! :thu:

• Members

I've got a PDD-1 which I'm pretty sure is the same circuit as the DL-10, just has the ability to store presets. Very cool little pedal, definitely has a nice sound and a sense of warmness to it. The repeats aren't 100% clean, or at least the high end isn't 100% of the original signal, so it feels warmer.

not the same circuit, its about 200ms longer.

ive owned and/or played several of those early ibanezes and i think the dl-10 circuit is only in the dl-10, after that something was switched..

Archived