OT: I finally got my Visa

ambient

• Members

and Mrs-Ambient-to-be and I fly to Japan in a little over 3 weeks....indefinitly :eek:

I'm extremely excited/terrified at this point. Next task: find a gat-dam jerb THEN I can start thinking about putting a new guitar rig together.

She's organised for a 30 year old yamaha dreadnought to be waiting for me when I arrive :love:

Good girl.

• Members

you dont have a job before you arrive?!?! is your gf japanese? i hope so. does she have a home?

youre going to osaka? your avatar is near AmeMura. miki gakki is cool there, a tad pricey.

old yamahas are a dime a dozen here. you can find at least one or two in every shop

• Members
old yamahas are a dime a dozen here. you can find at least one or two in every shop

Maybe so, but coming from Australia & New Zealand where we get raped on prices that's welcome. Plus I like it when she buys me guitars - this will be the 3rd. :)

• Members

Yea I agree they're awesome. I also really enjoyed Miyajima/Hiroshima though I really want to spend some time in Tokyo and Hokaido.

I prefer Kyoto over Tokyo. But it depends on what want to do, or are after. Both places are cool, but different.

• Members

what are you going to Japan for?

My Fiancee is Japanese and her Mother's health is slowly declining. We wanna be closer to her family.

The band I moved to Australia with broke up at the start of the year. We have no real reason/desire to stay here and had always planned on going back to Japan at some point anyway. So when we got some news from one of her mum's doctos visits I said "do you wanna just move back home?" She said "Yes" - That was 8 months ago.

I'm really looking forward to it.

• Members

Do Americans need visas to visit Japan if it's just for a couple of weeks?

I'm a New Zealander so I can't say for sure, but I would guess it would come under the 'visa waver program' where you get issued a 90 day tourist visa on arrival. Provided you have a valid ticket out of the country, enough money for your stay and are not a criminal it should be fine.

EDIT: add 'don't even look like you may be thinking about trying to work there' to that list.

• Members

ah, that makes total sense. Mojos to her mom.

chur bru.

She's actually not too bad the moment but between working and dealing with her mother in law (they live together) she gets a bit worn down.

Hopefully us being there will allow her to cut down will let her cut down on the work hours or retire completely.

Archived