Strymon BlueSky Reverberator... "shimmer" advice.

Stubacca

• Members

So the "shimmer" modes on the BlueSky seem like they can be very handy and I think I would have a lot of use for them. I mostly use the reverb on my amp so I don't really need the reverb side of this pedal. Would it be overkill to get it just for the shimmer modes? Are they that musical and useful? Any thoughts from you BlueSky users?

• Members

so you want to spend 300 bones for a gimmick? One that will date itself like gated reverb and auto tuned vocals.

Why not. Its your money. Go for it. As far as gimmicks go the Strymon has it in spades. I found the reverbs in the BSR to be a bit sterile and that isnt really my thing. your not gonna use that part of the pedal anyway though.

• Members

yeah, i wouldnt think it would be worth it. They're neat sounds, but its the least useable effect in the pedal. Its not something you would use like, in more than a handful of songs ever, i would imagine, without it grating on you.

neat, but not that neat.

i do like the reverb tho, but thats my opinion, i also really like the mod reverb, and while i enjoy the shimmer, it took about one jam to be pretty much over it.

• Members

so you want to spend 300 bones for a gimmick? One that will date itself like gated reverb and auto tuned vocals.

Why not. Its your money. Go for it. As far as gimmicks go the Strymon has it in spades. I found the reverbs in the BSR to be a bit sterile and that isnt really my thing. your not gonna use that part of the pedal anyway though.

Well that's what I am asking... it seems useful to me but is it really? When you said "gimmick" you kinda dialed it in for me... I was thinking that but I though it might make some things seem a lot fuller and richer but if it comes off as a "gimmick" I would rather stick with just the amp reverb and forget shimmer. It does sounds super cool though!

• Members

Well that's what I am asking... it seems useful to me but is it really? When you said "gimmick" you kinda dialed it in for me... I was thinking that but I though it might make some things seem a lot fuller and richer but if it comes off as a "gimmick" I would rather stick with just the amp reverb and forget shimmer. It does sounds super cool though!

Anna-Paquin.jpg

• Members

Yeah, the BSR's "shimmer" mode isn't really anything to write home about. It's good for that "ethereal" layer on top of everything else, but specific to what I think you're thinking... it's actually not independent of the reverb. In order to really get it going, you have to dial in quite a bit of reverb.

So there's that to consider.

Additionally, of all the pedals that do that sort of sound, I'd say (other than maybe the Verbzilla, which

• Members

Yeah, the BSR's "shimmer" mode isn't really anything to write home about. It's good for that "ethereal" layer on top of everything else, but specific to what I think you're thinking... it's actually not independent of the reverb. In order to really get it going, you have to dial in quite a bit of reverb.

So there's that to consider.

Additionally, of all the pedals that do that sort of sound, I'd say (other than maybe the Verbzilla, which

Archived