Moog LP as a modern ARP Pro Soloist?

MartinP268

• Members

(I thought I still had this laying around) Here's my Voyager duplication of the
. I added velocity control which the PS didn't have, and you can hear velocity changing the palm muting effect on the sound.

I duplicated the sax preset too, and with a little tweaking I got alto/tenor/baritone saxophones on the Voyager. Good ones too, and sax is a very difficult instrument to emulate on an analog.

Great sound (and playing too!)

• Members

Hey RM I'd be interested in hearing some of your PS sounds done on the voyager. I've tried to copy PS sounds on my voyager (esp the fuzz guitar sounds - think of the 'In the Cage' solo by Tony Banks) but I can't get the sound quite right.

I've had the exact same problems, but I made a telstar that I liked very much. The trumpet too has something that I didn't quite nail. But that fuzz guitar has been hell, although I think that The Real MC may have something.

• Members

I've had the exact same problems, but I made a telstar that I liked very much. The trumpet too has something that I didn't quite nail. But that fuzz guitar has been hell, although I think that The Real MC may have something.

Wonder if he will tell us how he did it??

*hint-hint* :wave: hi RM!

• Members

And i just bought ARP Pro Soloist.

Friend was offering it to me for the last couple of days. Since it was $200, i couldn't refuse.
:lol:
For how much do they go anyway?

Oh... well it doesn't work. But, that shouldn't be a problem for me - i hope - as all electronic components for ARP synths are "available in drugstores".

Hey Don and all,

Hope all is well. I've been looking for a pro-soloist for a while now and can't find one. Would you be willing to sell yours or know where I can find one? I live in l.a. Much thanks,

Garen

• Members

... I made a telstar that I liked very much. The trumpet too has something that I didn't quite nail.

Hello,

If you've exhausted the possibilities using the V'ger stock, you may want to try using a Murf in fixed formant mode on the output that carries the highpass signal (right, IIRC).

It can be positioned in series if you're using one output, and in parallel if you're using both, in LP/LP mode.

Regards,

Lawrence

Archived