Poll: What's your most boutique/exotic gear?

ElectricPuppy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You got the TKB!
:love:
How are you finding it?

Its fantastic! You can do some really cool things like changing the starting and ending steps on the fly, vertical sequencing, audio-rate waveform generation, up to 64 step sequences, etc...

It also operates as a touch-sensitive keyboard voltage generator and can be tuned to any scale.

I can't praise it enough. :love:

tkb1.jpg

• Members

Wow that Serge is nice.

Every now and then I feel a surge (LOLOLOL) of GAS for a real modular system. I find that Youtube is an excellent cure. Just go watch some of the terrible Doepfer videos. When I remember that I'm a talentless hack, I realize that I really have no business owning a modular, and the GAS subsides.

Well, in reality, the GAS just shifts to something else, but . . . semantics.

• Members

As for what I have... if we count effects boxes, I have a custom built R. G. Keen fuzz pedal that was never produced.

Guitar wise, I have a late 30's '00' size acoustic made by a gentleman named Holzapfel, a luthier who worked in Baltimore from before 1900 until the late 30's. Apparently this was one of the last guitars he worked on before his death, and in fact the bridge on it was added after by the dealer. So I have a guitar made about 70 years ago, bought in 1995, and I am the original owner :thu:

Synthwise... not super rare, but I would say my Korg X911.

• Members

Does it have to actually work? I have a Cheetah MS-6 that powers up but nothing else happens. It's been sitting in my rack for about 2 years now and has never worked. I traded it for a bunch of DVD's. One day I'll actually find someone who can repair it for me, or I might even jump in and try to fix it myself. Any tips?

• Members

i guess my Voyager OS or PEK count as boutique although if the big boxes carry them, they really aren't. my hardware synths are more old than boutique. my Clavinet D6 seems like my really boutique piece at the moment, just a very unusual keyboard.

i think after i do the mythic Xpander Xpansion, my Xpander will become the most exotic piece of gear.

• Members

Does it have to actually work? I have a Cheetah MS-6 that powers up but nothing else happens. It's been sitting in my rack for about 2 years now and has never worked. I traded it for a bunch of DVD's. One day I'll actually find someone who can repair it for me, or I might even jump in and try to fix it myself. Any tips?

IIRC, it uses the same chips as the Matrix 1000, and maybe was even kind of a copy of it.

There's a web page dedicated to it out there somewhere, and the guy laments the absence of a service manual. Maybe some techie couyld eyball the circuit board and get an idea of what's going on. Test some of the non discreet components.

Archived