A question about P-90's....

companyman

• Members

So I am trying to sell my Epi Firebird for financial reasons....there was a {censored}storm recently here about it...but forget that....so when I get things sorted I'm thinking of picking up an Agile guitar with P-90's, cuz they are really cheap, and pretty decent guitars overall. But I adore the sound of a Firebird mini-humbucker in the neck position for clean sounds, the best clarity/beef/singing quality in a neck pickup I have tried. My question is, have any of you tried to put a Mini-Bucker Firebird pickup into a P-90 route? My instinct tells me that a P-90 route will be too big for one, but the metal surround for a Firebird pickup might cover the extra space perhaps?

• Members

yeah, this is what I'm hoping, it looks like the metal surround is big enough to fill the route for the P-90, the Firebird mini pickup is smaller by itself though, at least I think it is....also not sure if the Les Paul mini (the one with the pole pieces) is the same size as the Firebird mini...I do know that they are constructed very differently.

Archived