Korg KP-3 with guitar

p00n

• Members

yay/nay?

I'm planning to use it for wierd filters and generally strange {censored}. And the sampler too for drones. Anyone has any feedback or comments especially for use with guitar?

oh some misc questions for users:

1) Which input do you use it with? The mic or line input?

2) Would you happen to know the current draw? The supplied power supply is 700mA, I've got a 12V output from my Cioks AC10 that's 600mA so I'm afraid it's cutting it a little close.

3) Is the dc power socket 5.5x2.1 or 5.5x2.5? Center negative or positive? I can't seem to find this info online.

• Members

A friend of mine that I play with uses a KP2 with guitar. He runs it last in his line, after a Boss RC2. Generally he uses it to process RC2 loops with the KP2 loop stuff, it sounds really great. I think he uses the line input, other then that I can't offer much help.

• Members

I love my KP3 for processing loops. So many {censored}ed up sounds to be had. It is a shame Korg doesn't offer a HiZ input for this device since it's often appropriated by guitarists. If you want clean perfect, noisefree operation however perhaps this device isn't for you. Get a Dumble, a ts808 and play the blooz.

• Members

Boom. Pulled the trigger, and its sitting on my table right now.

I've barely scratched the surface, but just thinking of all the possibilities makes me wet. The bpm and beat based sampler is a little awkward to me, especially when trying to get clean loopage. I was trying to lift the drum track intro from Turnstile Blues for {censored} and giggles, and tapping the tempo before activating the loop didn't get as accurate results as I'd like. But dayum, it's all worth it since it allows the slicing function for activating and deactivating the individual beats. I can see myself {censored}ing with that plenty.

Archived