Skedekko

vidnotlaw

• Members

Beg, borrow or steal if you have too... this pedal is well worth every penny! It sounds great!

:)

Take care,

Vid

I'm so sad I bought lot of pedals in last two months and now can't buy this. Marc even replied me and could send me a paypal invoice,
:cry:
The pink flesh is the only retired Skreddy I've always wanted to try!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've got $350 burning a hole in my pocket.

If not I may have to follow Vid's advice...

A shame most of you guys weren't in on the mystery box or I'd already have you're address
:cool:

Buy it for me! I will buy it from you in 3 months :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Okay... who is trying to profit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Skreddy-Pink-Flesh-MKII-Floyd-Gilmour-Fuzz-Mayo-Rare-/250756328777

That is rediculous.... I could see starting the bidding at the price you paid and if it goes higher then so be it... but putting a buy-it-now of more than twice the cost is just plain greedy! IMHO of course! Especially considering that in order to get this pedal you basically had to contact Marc from Skreddy directly and ask for it. You also had to have knowledge of the pedal some how (which usually means you heard from Marc/Skreddy directly... unless I am mistaken).

Any way, rant over!

EDIT: Pedal was listed for buy-it-now of $799.00.. it sold for $759.00... that's crazy!!!! WOW! If I EVER decided to sale mine.... I would start the bidding at the price I paid! I'm not greedy... hell... I would probably offer it on here for a good price first! .... but I have no plans of selling it!

Take care,

Vid

• Members

then why buy it in the first place? someone who wanted it could have gotten it at a good price from marc..

i'd be interested in knowing the difference between the original and the mkII. at 350$ i'm guessing they were the same transistors or he found some similar at a hefty price. i'm glad i got an original several years ago, it is my go to pedal for heavy lead tone, and i don't imagine ever replacing it. i love running a treble booster in to it at well, it really screams.

• Members
then why buy it in the first place? someone who wanted it could have gotten it at a good price from marc..

exactly this. how about not flipping it on ebay and saying {censored} you to the people who missed out on them?

I don't care how you justify it buying something and flipping it a week later for double what you paid is a real douche move :wave:

• Members

how about i didn't buy it to flip - learn to read. i'm selling EVERYTHING i have except for 2 guitars & 2 pedals. i need money for other {censored}. did i want to sell it? no. is marc sold out of them? i dunno. maybe you can still email him and buy the same pedal or the MKII mayonaise or a zero that everyone is flipping.

i sold a BJFE the other day for $600 too that i paid less for and waited 2 years for. doesn't change the going rate of them. if someone asked me to buy the BJFE 5 months ago when i got it i wouldn't have sold it. life's not fair, deal with it

• Members

the point is you could have sold it on hcfx for 400$ and easily got your money back and more, and made someone on here really happy. where as it's frowned upon to get a limited run pedal like that, that is so highly desirable, just to sell it on ebay for double the price.. life isn't fair, but thats still not a very smooth move.

• Members
the point is you could have sold it on hcfx for 400$ and easily got your money back and more, and made someone on here really happy.

Do you have a problem with the price it sold for, or the fact that he put it on eBay? Would you be as upset if he'd posted it in the spam forum for $799?

• Members

why go to ebay when it would easily sell here? without the ebay fees. yes i would think it just as stupid to sell it here for 799. the only reason to sell it at such a price is to be greedy. i frown upon people buying pedals that are such a limited run and are so desirable, just to sell them at twice the price to the highest bidder, that is called being greedy.. i understand that was not his intent, but it's still not a smooth move. i don't have a "problem", nor am i "upset". it just would have been a more honorable decision to sell it to someone on here (our hcfx brethren) who has been wanting it for a long time, and not at some crazy exaggerated price.

• Members

i just got this from another buyer on ebay. i could be a bigger douche and refund the other guy to sell to this guy, but i'll refer this guy to marc instead for good karma

Dear 82jar,

Ive look on ebay everyday at skreddy pedal and don't know how the hell this one did not show up in my list? If the other buyer does not pay for it by chance I will offer 1000$ for it.

Thanks

- walltally_18

• Members
i don't have a "problem", nor am i "upset".
it just would have been a more honorable decision to sell it to someone on here (our hcfx brethren)
who has been wanting it for a long time, and not at some crazy exaggerated price.

I'd say you have a pretty exaggerated view of this forum.

• Members

What the hell are you people on about? Joe, kudos to you for selling it on eBay and getting a bunch of money. If theres people out there who are willing to pay ridiculously high prices for {censored}ing fuzz pedals, let 'em!

Best wishes on a fantastic dinner in your belly once you receive your fuzz money. :thu:

• Members

i just got this from another buyer on ebay.

now that's {censored}ing crazy.

do what you want. don't mean to single you out, saw that ebay sale mentioned on TGP then saw your post here. the whole hey I got a pedal a week ago now I'm gonna throw it up for sale at 2x what I paid for it gets to me.

• Members

or some of us aren't douchbags and aren't looking to make a bunch of money. again i'm not saying this is what he did, or that he is a douche, i understand where he is coming from. but had i bought a pedal like that and needed to sell it, i would have done someone on here a favor and sold it to them at the price i payed. i've seen it done before on here as well. it's called karma, and not being a greedy bastard.

i'd say my view is right on. i've seen people get robbed or lose things in a fire, and seen the whole community put together and help them either through donations and other ways get a new guitar or replacement pedals for those stolen. maybe you need to pay attention, or you yourself have an exaggerated view of the forum. there are good and bad people everywhere.

• Members

What the hell are you people on about? Joe, kudos to you for selling it on eBay and getting a bunch of money. If theres people out there who are willing to pay ridiculously high prices for {censored}ing fuzz pedals, let 'em!

I get this, but it's a double edged sword. Half the threads over here are people bitching about how expensive pedals are and this has to be part of that.

If I was a builder watching {censored} sell for double what I was charging you can be sure the next thing I made would have a little more profit worked into it.

i just bought one, he said he had to rip off some bald dude but its cool, he'd rather i have it. USPS re-routed to NY sucka

That's funny - mine got here last weekend, along with a Skreddy Echo. I've never been a Big Muff guy (or big Muff guy); mainly due to the scooped mids... but this pedal is an absolute keeper. Number 7, and signed by Marc with my studio name inside. :love:

Archived