RIP my EHX Freeze...

Johansolo

• Members

bought this new off ebay US (im in aus) and it worked fine for around a month.

then it started playing up a little bit, ie sometimes the freeze effect would just cut off abrubtly at random (no matter what setting) but after that it would be back to normal.

recently (3 months since new, very light home use) it started doing it more and today its just unusable/unrealiable

ie

this pedal has now stopped working properly...the freeze effect will hold for a random time (sometimes really short ,sometimes long, sometimes forever) and abrubtly cut off , then when you step on it again, the led will blink as if you are trying to do a master reset on it...this is on all settings)

unplugging the powersupply (tried 3 diffrent ones, an el cheapo, boss and onespot) and doing a master reset does not fix it.

its faarked!!! RIP(ieces)

on another note...this is the first pedal EVER that ive ever bought that has stopped working (and ive owned a lot of pedals)

• Members

the ehx products i d previously, 2 small clones, 2 small stones, and a nano compressor all worked fine with no issues for a whilst.

i did have a nano stone brought to me from a friend for repairs (was a power issue, easy fix) and even thou i knew a pedal like the freeze would be subject to excessive foot stomps, i just took a punt.

i guess now theres no harm putting it in the freezer?

or circuit bending it?!?!

hmmm...

Archived