some upcoming guitar projects / can you just spraypaint and clear coat pickguards???

hangwire

• Members

here are just a few of my upcoming projects:

lxyyd.jpg

going to reshape the lower left horn definitely closer to a jazzmaster, maybe the lower right as well unless I want to keep it as a homage to that one weird fender prototype...

I am toying with the idea of also painting the headstock to match... I have so very similar blue from a past project.

also was thinking a copper colored pickguard would look nice with the blue... and I have copper paint [see below] so can you just prime/paint/clearcoat a pickguard? or... does it not "hold" onto the material and look bad???

thoughts?

sz7h44.jpg

another of these SX that I got in a trade for cheap. again, looking to cut the body to more of a jazzmaster shape. The paint has a bit of sparkle to it... so I think that leftover red jazzmaster pickguard will have to wait for a different project... I have a blank of darker tort pickguard that I can just use the ^ blue one to cut out a matching one.

2vih1ky.jpg

dano clone.... the copper paint referenced above is for this... I am going to paint the body front and headstock front when the weather gets at least 55 outside... so probably april...

if it comes out bad, I am going to just stickerbomb it :lol:

Archived