Of Magicstomps and Midi

p00n

• Members

Probably the easiest way to do this is having a laptop on stage, and leave it in the Monitor mode. It's not really designed to do this live though, so it's too many steps for live use, IMO. You'd be better off with some kind of GuitarRig setup or FloorPOD/laptop.

• Members

Probably the easiest way to do this is having a laptop on stage, and leave it in the Monitor mode. It's not really designed to do this live though, so it's too many steps for live use, IMO. You'd be better off with some kind of GuitarRig setup or FloorPOD/laptop.

hmm that'll work for simple patch switching, but if I wanted to switch patches on the Magicstomp AND other midi equipment with one click of a controller, it'll be no good. Not to mention that it'll be wonderful to be able to sweep parameters via midi expression pedals too

• Members

You need to have the computer interface open to modify the parameters. It isn't worth the time needed to create what you're looking for. The effects frontier has left Magicstomp far behind, as far as what you can adjust. I love my Magicstomp, but the best way to use it is to have the three most used controls preset to your knobs. You might be better off looking at an SPX series rack processor. That's what the Magicstomp is based on. They have MIDI ports that you can use any MIDI controller with.

Archived