Ibanez DE7 noisy...what to look for?

nuke_diver

• Members

Title says it. Posted this in HCEG where I hang out the most but was suggested that there might be a few more experts here than there :wave:

With the DE7 in the chain the signal is often noisy on both clean and dirt channels and pretty constant (db wise). If I go straight into the amp the noise is gone. If I bypass the DE7 it's gone. If I just go through the DE7 it's noisy so it's clearly that pedal. I thought at first it was a cable since I just repaired one but the cables both are fine alone.

Are there any pedal experts out there who can suggest what to look for/fix. I found a schematic of the pedal so if there is an idea of what to look for I might be able to fix it. I only paid $30 for the pedal a couple of years ago and while I can live with the noise now I suspect something is going bad and if so I'll either see if I can fix it the pedal or junk it.

• Members

Mine works fine on a 1Spot. What kind of supply are you using it with? Mine is noise free, but I've noticed that if I turn up the level my tone gets colored when using it in my bass rig. I don't notice a difference when it's on my guitar board though.

• Members

My DE7 had some noise. I used it in a 4 pedal chain with my 1 spot and there was definitely something added to the signal by the DE7. Call me crazy, but I think it was something that developed over time because I don't think it was there when I bought the pedal new.

It wasn't HORRIBLE, but it added to my selling it.

• Members

Call me crazy, but I think it was something that developed over time because I don't think it was there when I bought the pedal new.

It wasn't HORRIBLE, but it added to my selling it.

Not going to call you crazy cause mine pretty much started being noisy a week or so ago. Not sure if I will get rid of it...if it doesn't get worse it is ok but I'm not sure I can record with it

• Members

Adding a bit more information in case it's a clue for someone :idk:

Tried a battery but battery does not seem to be able to provide any power. I bought this used and I don't remember if I ever tried it on battery power before

It's kind of beginning to bug me....it might have to go :(

Archived