OT: any Patapon players? Can it be downloaded to an iPad?

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

You could make the same argument about Apple's products, I'm sure they could make a lot of money selling some of their software on other platforms.

The reason they don't do that is because they want people to buy their hardware. When you buy an iPad, not only does Apple get paid for the iPad and the Apple software you buy for it, but they also get paid for every single thing you buy from the App Store, regardless of if Apple had anything to do with it or not. In Apples case, this amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars.

If Sony started offering their games on other devices, then people would have less incentive to buy Sony hardware, which means Sony would get less money because of lowered software sales on the Sony platforms.

• Members

You could make the same argument about Apple's products, I'm sure they could make a lot of money selling some of their software on other platforms.

The reason they don't do that is because they want people to buy their hardware. When you buy an iPad, not only does Apple get paid for the iPad and the Apple software you buy for it, but they also get paid for every single thing you buy from the App Store, regardless of if Apple had anything to do with it or not. In Apples case, this amounts to hundreds of millions of dollars.

If Sony started offering their games on other devices, then people would have less incentive to buy Sony hardware, which means Sony would get less money because of lowered software sales on the Sony platforms.

That makes sense, mostly. I suppose if the game was in really high demand, Sony would cave in and cash in. I'm guessing that it hasn't made enough waves in the gaming world to warrant going to the trouble.

So question: If you were to go looking for a used PSP on eBay, which would be the one to get? I don't want to spend a lot, because Patapon is the only game I have any interest in.

• Members

The things in high demand, high interest, and/or which bring something unique compared to what is available on other platforms are the things which are the least likely to ever be released anywhere else. For example, Microsoft will be releasing Halo on the PS3 at roughly the same time as when hell freezes over, which is at roughly the same time as when Apple releases OSX for PC and iOS for Android devices.

The PSP Go is smallest, most expensive, and does not play disks (only downloadable content). For most people, the PSP-2000 is almost the same as the 3000, except the 3000 has a much better screen. I have the 3000, and it is the one I'd recommend, although I wouldn't feel too bad about getting a 2000 either if I wanted to save a bit more money.

• Members

The things in high demand, high interest, and/or which bring something unique compared to what is available on other platforms are the things which are the least likely to ever be released anywhere else. For example, Microsoft will be releasing Halo on the PS3 at roughly the same time as when hell freezes over, which is at roughly the same time as when Apple releases OSX for PC and iOS for Android devices.

The PSP Go is smallest, most expensive, and does not play disks (only downloadable content). For most people, the PSP-2000 is almost the same as the 3000, except the 3000 has a much better screen. I have the 3000, and it is the one I'd recommend, although I wouldn't feel too bad about getting a 2000 either if I wanted to save a bit more money.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation :thu:

• 1 year later...

Archived