Barber LTD SR?

JMR

• Members

I'm looking at trading for one of these and I was wondering what you all thought of it's general sound. All that's on youtube is old people plinkering out some blues riffs, which is fine, but it doesn't give an idea of how the pedal sounds with my playing.

I play hardcore punk (minor threat), post-hardcore (as in Fugazi, Drive Like Jehu, Rites of Spring, At the Drive-in) and some noodly Cap'n Jazz-ish stuff. As well as some post rock.

• Members

It's in the same range as the Timmy, Dano TOD V1, etc.... an OD that is very amp like and that doesn't color your tone too much. It also has some internal trim pots that allow for some further tweaking of treble and bass. Most of the Barber stuff is pretty solid I think.

• Members

It's capable of a pretty good amount of gain, especially if it's pushing an amp hard. I tend to stack it into my HBOD, but I've done it the other way around and it reacted quite nicely.

Also, boosted, and with the gain cranked, it will give you some fuzzy edges that I find similar to the Minor Threat fuzz-tones.

Archived