whoever jumps on this will be winning....

companyman

• Members

my GA-15 has cured my amp gas, sure I feel a twinge whenever Hiwatt Bob posts his loudmouth Yobbo amps, but those amps just aren't practical for me. 15 watts of EL84 juiciness is all I need, although, my last gig showed me that it could benefit from a 2x12 cab for unmic'd gigs, just to spread the sound and add some beef. The Goldtones really sound brilliant, and sit in a band mix really well.

• Members

Really??? Wow I need to stop talking about these on online chats
:lol:

that is the 30 watt stereo version with reverb and series/parallel loop, not cheap. I got mt GA-15 for an amazing price, I think the guy thought it was having problems, but all it needed was new tubes.

• Members

It's an incredibly loud 15 watts. If you compare that up to an 18 watt Marshall or even a 22 watt Deluxe Reverb it'll eat them for breakfast.

the other guitarist in the band I play in alternates between an 18 watt Marshall and a 50 watt Ceriatone plexi clone and a 2x12 cab, I never turn up my GA-15 past half-way up without a comment about volume, love this 1x10 lil' bastard!

• Members

I see, Celestion Vintage 10 @ 97 db. If you threw a Eminence Red Fang (@ 102 db) in there you might be able to increase the output somewhere between double and three times the volume/headroom. In terms of output db's it would be sort of like walking around with a briefcase sized 100W combo. :love:

Archived