Shihad: you may know them as Pacifier?

ambient

• Members

These guys are considered 'rock royalty' (what ever that means) in New Zealand, pretty straight ahead hard rawk. They tried to break into the U.S. market around 2002 and their label made them change their name as it sounded too much like 'Jihad'.:facepalm:

Anyway it didn't work, I don't think many people outside of Australia and New Zealand know about them. After one album they changed their name back and started writing good songs again.

This track's kinda an anthem for New Zealanders, especially Kiwis overseas. It's old as {censored} though:

[video=youtube;gGdTUG0TGVI]

They kick so much balls live:

[video=youtube;kbGHXZg5puU]

• Members

Shihad... the pavlova and lamington of Aust-NZ rock n roll arguments...
:)

Except they're clearly from Wellington.

As far as I understand they just moved to Melbourne to further their career, and the Aussies just love to claim everything good that comes out of NZ :poke: :p

• Members
Except they're clearly from Wellington.

As far as I understand they just moved to Melbourne to further their career, and the Aussies just love to claim everything good that comes out of NZ :poke:
:p

says the kiwi living in Japan :)

you can have shihad... i'd rather pav

• Members

the shihad general electric and the pacifier album are great for some nice edgy rock.

thought the pacifier album had some classy song writing on it.

Saw jon toogood on adam hills' show a few weeks back. cant remember what he covered. it was good though.

• Members

I saw them open for Filter back in 2001 or so, they blew filter out of the water. Such a good show. Havent kept up with them but The General Electric is a great album.

Respec

They're a hell of a tough act to follow. In fact they can be be a tough act to go before as well. A number of support bands playing in NZ have essentially been driven off stage to "we want Shihad" chants.

Archived