Question about Philosopher's Tone...

Karma1

• Members

I've got a guitar equipped with a Sustainiac and I love what it does. I'd like to get that effect with my other guitars and I was told that the Philosopher's Tone can give that infinite sustain like a Sustainiac. Anybody here use one and have anything to say about that? (I've also used Ebows for years and I like them, but it's not quite the same being limited to one string at a time.)

• Members

No you will not get INFINITE sustain with a compressor pedal.

I've ownd the PT and it's a great and versatile compressor, but nothing can make your string vibrate infinitely aside from a magnetic source or your hand.

The infinite sustain thing comes fro the fact that at extreme compression, the PT can make your notes ring out for extra long amounts of time. But it is not actually infinite....

• Members

No you will not get INFINITE sustain with a compressor pedal.

I've ownd the PT and it's a great and versatile compressor, but nothing can make your string vibrate infinitely aside from a magnetic source or your hand.

The infinite sustain thing comes fro the fact that at extreme compression, the PT can make your notes ring out for extra long amounts of time. But it is not actually infinite....

THIS. The PT is an awesome pedal and it will give you gobs of sustain but only the Sustainiac does what it does.

Archived