Post your Pipes!

• Members

102153.jpg

Allora AA186 BBb tuba is my main horn.

fe_1.JPG

Besson Compensating euphonium that I just picked up on ebay. I'll get the horn on Saturday and am way stoked about it.

I've also got a King 3B SilverSonic F trigger trombone. What a beautiful horn. . .anybody interested in purchasing it? It's a wonderful tenor horn but when I play trombone I'm a bass player so I need to sell this one to buy the new bass I need. I'll see if I can get some pictures this weekend to post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Some of the flutes I've built from PVC

standard.jpg

large.jpg

spider.jpg

me posing with some flutes

chair.jpg

some flutes, some recorders (Soprano and Tenor), three tin whistles in differnt keys, one low whistle, and a Native American flute

fam.jpg

Me, playing the low whistle:

IMG_0006.jpg

• Members

Finally got some shots up!

A shot of my ancient Conn 20B and less old Bach TR200:

Library-103.jpg

The Conn:

Library-104.jpg

The Bach:

Library-107.jpg

My Mouthpieces:

Library-111.jpg

From left-Schilke 18C3d, Schilke 11A, Yamaha 11, Bach 7C, Blessing 5C, Benge Mello 6C cornet (for my invisible cornet).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by ninjaaron

Some of the flutes I've built from PVC

standard.jpg
large.jpg
spider.jpg

me posing with some flutes

chair.jpg

some flutes, some recorders (Soprano and Tenor), three tin whistles in differnt keys, one low whistle, and a Native American flute

fam.jpg

Me, playing the low whistle:

IMG_0006.jpg

Hey, man, nice flutes. You got any tips for cutting the embouchure on those flutes. I made one, but it's very hard to coax it into the lower register. I'm assuming that's where the problem lies. Did you get the plans from Doug Tipple's site?

• Members

Originally posted by sunburstbasser

I looked at Getzens a bit when I ordered my Kanstul.

Getzen's president posts quite a bit on the Trumpet Herald, very cool guy who really knows his stuff.

He also is involved in Bugles Across America, a volunteer organization that provides live buglers to sound taps at WWll vets funerals. Getzen even designed and built a special field trumpet just for this purpose.

Bugles Across America

Getzen Field Trumpet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's a pic of a young Pilot back in the late 50s, playing an old Karl Meyer clarinet. Currently have a pair of Boosey and Hawkes Emperors, still in excellent condition, a flute, trumpet, two keyboards and a grand piano.

Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

Archived