Fulltone OCD v4 causing a lot of buzz

jcoulter

• Members

I have been using the Fulltone OCD v4 as the primary overdrive on my pedalboard lately. It is powered by a PP2+ with the voltage doubled to 18v. I have been playing in a worship setting mostly for the past couple of months, and lately the sound techs have been complaining, saying that my signal had a lot of buzz in it. I went through checking each pedal, and we found out it was my OCD.

I dropped the voltage from 18v back down to 9v and that seemed to help some, but there was still a fair amount of buzz in my signal. Has anyone else had a problem with their OCD? Or can anyone offer some advice on how to eliminate this issue?

Thanks in advance!

• Members

That's a good question. The guys running sound aren't the best qualified for the position. They keep calling it buzz. In my in-ears, it sounds like a faint droning. They tell me that even when I'm not playing and my volume pedal is down, if I still have the OCD on it sometimes drowns out the singer in the house. But I highly doubt that.

• Members

goodhonk: The amp is plugged into a separate outlet from the pedalboard.

pelliott: If you're referring to using a different spot on the PP2+, I have not done that yet, but there are other pedals utilizing the PP2+ and they don't seem to have any problems.

• Members

i have had this problem before. my ocd makes weird ass noises depending on what surface its on and what wires are touching it. maybe its a ground issue with powering it with power instead of batteries? i have no clue, all i know is it cant touch any metal on my board and no wires can even be laying aside my ocd or it sucks ass. but when u can rid of the noise it sounds glllooorrrrious

Archived