Lovetone clones?

There used to be a guy in Europe who did Wob clones... I'm not sure how many he did or how much they were offhand. I'm not sure if he still builds them.

I've never seen a Dop clone - I'm not saying they don't exist--only that I've never seen or heard of one. BTW - both are great pedals IMO. :phil:

OLCircuits makes a great clone of the Big Cheese called the Chunky Cheese. I've never seen a Brown Source clone, although someone should. Ditto that for the ? and the Ring Stinger. I've seen a few Meatball clones though.

The one I'd like to see a reasonably priced clone of is the ?

• Members

I love my pedals, but $800-$1000 is waaaay too much considering what else you could get with that. I'm surprised there aren't more Lovetone clones, as the originals fetch quite a high price. It can't be that pricey to make, can it?

The OLC Chunky Cheese seems very interesting as well, but I'd rather not put off my Fuzz Factory purchase again. I've played that thing a hundred times and it may be the most fun I've had with a pedal, but my fuzz addiction has been a little egregious before. I have my Muff of choice (well, if I were only to have one) any I've went through a bunch of Devi Ever stuff (not that they weren't awesome, because they were just not my thing) and a Snowdrift (again, awesome but no 100% what I wanted) in my attempts to find a fuzz a bit out of the norm. Trying to be a bit more responsible with my

Money these days :lol: and as far as fuzz goes I feel that that's the sensible thing to do on a minimum wage budget

The Chunky Cheese is pretty darned versatile, but then again, so is the Fuzz Factory. :)

As far as the larger pedals, there just aren't any large scale clones of them. They're somewhat complex (four-way switches and lots of controls), and I'm sure that's part of the reason for the prices...but remember; they weren't $800-$1K new; they were half that. But they can't be super easy to clone, and they wouldn't be super inexpensive to clone either - nor quick to build. There's got to be some demand out there, but unless you're doing it for the love, I don't think there's a lot of money in it. And who knows? Lovetone just might get ticked if someone started marketing Loveclones. :cop:

If you're going to have one cloned, your best bet is a small indie builder. But other than the ones I mentioned earlier, I'm just not aware of any clones.

Archived