SOT: Hey Vintage Fender Amp Guys.

• Members

just remmeber if you are going straight into input one, jump 2 to 2. not 2 to 1. at least on mine you get a nice annoying hum. increases nicely when using a boost or fuzz. so you might want to avoid that. controls for the normal channel will still effect overall tone, but not super drastic, but not super subtle either.

• Members

Tried jumpering channels, plugged into Bass 1, then Bass 2 > Normal 2, and it sounded great. Broke up to a great medium gain tone that was nice and punchy with a nice crunch but wonderful articulation and clarity. I dig it a lot. Though it did expose a new issue. If I dime the normal channel's volume, it cuts out volume completely. I'm assuming that's not okay, as I don't see why that would happen. I'll be throwing that into the list for the tech to check while it's there.

• Members

this. shipping it ff will suck due to even more wait time, but in the end itll benefit you. pretty sure soemone on here posted about a guy that restors bassmans. if you want it like original spec, try and find the link. suppose to be solid at what he does. probably not cheap though.

do you get more headroom out of yours doing this?

Mine is purring like a mountain lion at 4

• Members

do you get more headroom out of yours doing this?

Mine is purring like a mountain lion at 4

from what i understand about the uy i cant remmeber he just restored the circuit to be like the original. these amps in original spec have a rather large amount of head room. mine doesnt start to break up till about around 5 or 6 i think.

• Members

Take it to Earhart Electronics in Arlington. It may have newish caps, but new caps don't mean much if they used crappy caps.

this. my tech was concerned about the bassman prior to me buying it because of people using generic {censored}ty caps in them. didnt even think to mention this. from what ive been told and read, cheap caps will do this amp no justice and just fail sooner.

Archived