Vox V830 not being friendly with my other pedals. Help?

Taylor704

• Members

I managed to get a good price on a Vox V830 and i've tried to integrate it into my rig as an overdrive/solo booster in place of my Dano Cool Cat Drive (which i've been using on minimum gain).

Whenever I try to use it and my Marshall Drivemaster, it just creates a really weird, overly saturated effect that's really boomy and bassy, not in a good way. I'm sure it's not my amp that's doing it, but even with all my settings changed it still doesn't fit properly.

Is it worth trying to Vox after my Drivemaster or am I wasting my time? I'm considering selling it and getting a Boss OD-3 or SD-1 to take duties of solos/boosting duties.

• Members

what settings are you using on the Vox and Marshall? "over saturated" sounds like you're using too much gain? :idk:

i find myself using half (or lower) gain, treble just back from maximum, and volume to for a decent volume boost with a high-end jangle. basically more like a treble boost with a touch of drive.. i think the lack of mid-boost makes it less favourable if you're after a traditional 'solo/boost' effect like you'd get with those Boss' or a TS-9.

• Members

what settings are you using on the Vox and Marshall? "over saturated" sounds like you're using too much gain?
:idk:

i find myself using half (or lower) gain, treble just back from maximum, and volume to for a decent volume boost with a high-end jangle. basically more like a treble boost with a touch of drive.. i think the lack of mid-boost makes it less favourable if you're after a traditional 'solo/boost' effect like you'd get with those Boss' or a TS-9.

I've tried it with low gain on both of them, medium on one and low and the other and vice versa, nothing seems to work properly.

Oversaturated might be the wrong choice of words, its more like a woofy sound with no definition to the low end, but it's still there on the high end, it's just not as obvious.

Think I might just cut my losses and replace it with an OD-3 for what I use it for, it's just not working in my setup as it is.

Archived