Anyone wanna educate me about loopers?

Say Ocean

• Members

I'm thinking about getting a loop pedal to integrate into my music since I play in a three piece. What loopers are generally respected and aren't gonna suck tone, and have a decent amount of loop time/layers? And what am I gonna be looking to pay for a decent one?

• Members

Loop pedals in a live act are tricky becasue of tempo drift, the band Im playing with at the moment has a looper intro to one of our sogns and thats ok because the guitarist can set the pace and it only needs to go for 1 min of the intro, but if you try and do it later the song the band will have drifted like 1bpm out of time and it will sound wrong.

That said, the line 6 M13/M9 is a great looper period, not just "for a multieffect". The function switches work very well.

• Members

the last time i almost jizzed myself was in a 3-piece jam when i just kept layering up sound upon sound with my Akai Headrush.. it got intense and noisy in such a nice way, and was incoherant enough to not worry about tempo drift.

the Headrush is just dead simple to use when playing 'live', and you can record loop 1, do a tonne of overdubbing, and then undo everything back to loop 1 on it's own. i find that pretty handy (i'm always hitting wrong notes!), and it's why i don't get on with stuff like the Line 6 DL-4.

if you need a dead set tempo and drummer to play along to the click you might need the Digitech Jamman Stereo for the 'tempo out' to go to drummer's headphones.

DigiTech-JamMan-Stereo.jpg

Archived