Heading for Vegas

orangesix

• Members

Truthfully, my last trip to vegas was the best I've ever had.

All through college I had done the typical Vegas trip... get {censored}ed up at night and sleep through the day. Head out to some over priced club where the girls would get us in for a great deal... ($20 a head) :facepalm: and then we'd pay $12 for every red bull vodka we had. So basically we poured money down the drain.

My last trip to Vegas was: Golf, Love, awesome dinner, and some gambling. Best time I'd ever had. No overpriced drinks. No {censored}ty clubs full of douchebags. Just fun with my friends. YMMV.

• Members
Truthfully, my last trip to vegas was the best I've ever had.

All through college I had done the typical Vegas trip... get {censored}ed up at night and sleep through the day. Head out to some over priced club where the girls would get us in for a great deal... ($20 a head)
:facepalm:
and then we'd pay $12 for every red bull vodka we had. So basically we poured money down the drain.

My last trip to Vegas was: Golf, Love, awesome dinner, and some gambling. Best time I'd ever had. No overpriced drinks. No {censored}ty clubs full of douchebags. Just fun with my friends. YMMV.

All right, old man.

• Members

am I mistaken or isn't reno only about a 4 hour trip from the strip?

It is if you go 150mph :)

The problem with that drive is that its flooded with speed traps. I found that out the hard way.

Never get a red rental car.

I lived in Reno and surrounding areas for about 20 years. Went to Vegas 4 times during that time.

Just double checked.

According to Mapquest : 7 hrs 13 mins / 448.45 miles

• Members

Im about to board the plane, i should be there in a few hours. I think im going to check out QOTSA on friday night, even though last time i saw them i was a bit disapointed . Im not very good at poker, but i plan on playing blackjack and sports betting. Ill try and check out as many of these recommendations. Im staying 4 days, and have a decent amount of cash.

• Members
Im about to board the plane, i should be there in a few hours. I think im going to check out QOTSA on friday night, even though last time i saw them i was a bit disapointed . Im not very good at poker, but i plan on playing blackjack and sports betting. Ill try and check out as many of these recommendations. Im staying 4 days, and have a decent amount of cash.

Hey if you can find a cheap table... try walking over to craps and asking one of the table guys to teach you how (if you don't know)

I picked it up a while ago and that game is fun as hell. :thu:

• Members

They have a Sam Ash store..a bit of everthing kinda like GC...The Pawn Stars store was a letdown kinda, if you're there on a weekend you ain't gonna see no stars lol...walking the strip is a trip at night, stop at Sammy Hagars catina for a giant frozen margarita. They had a smokin' chick band playing live too, outdoor seating facing the strip, cool..btw, the drive from Vegas to Reno is so desolate of a drive, literally nothing but 1 or 2 very small towns on the way and the terrain could double for Mars or the Moon. I kid you not. :D ...There were some cool things about the drive though , one was knowing you were at one point very near the vicinity of the nuke tests in the 50's and area 51, and this really giant , desolate lake , with pretty much NO vegetation at all around the entire thing, that I later found out was the military's submarine training waters, and a huge military munitions site that stretched for miles with these odd little bunkers and rail tracks to each one...

edit - if you find yourself downtown , the Golden Nugget buffet is good eats for not too much $$...every course has it's own chef. ..Muy Bueno, at least for downtown :cool:

• Members

Check out the Pawn Stars store,

We did that and I haven't watched the show since.

Had more fun on Fremont Street than the Strip. Did the zip line ride, drank $2 beers instead of $8-$10 beers on the strip, tons of people in costume down there.

Archived