need a delay that can handle my black arts pharaoh fuzz.

crohny

• Members

Crohny, I know we've discussed this in the doom room but my honest opinion is that the problem lies with your amp. You're asking the Bassman to do something it isn't capable of doing. You're running the volume on the Pharaoh flat out, which means you're distorting the {censored} out of the front end of your Bassman.

Even if you find a delay which can handle the volume the Pharaoh is putting out (anything that can take line level will do this easily), you're still running it into a heavily distorted amp and that's why it sounds like a big mess.

I really hope you find something suitable and prove me wrong, but I fear for you that the hunt might be futile.

• Members

Crohny, I know we've discussed this in the doom room but my honest opinion is that the problem lies with your amp. You're asking the Bassman to do something it isn't capable of doing. You're running the volume on the Pharaoh flat out, which means you're distorting the {censored} out of the front end of your Bassman.

Even if you find a delay which can handle the volume the Pharaoh is putting out (anything that can take line level will do this easily), you're still running it into a heavily distorted amp and that's why it sounds like a big mess.

I really hope you find something suitable and prove me wrong, but I fear for you that the hunt might be futile.

yeah ive been sitting and having this run through my head a good bit which blows. im hoping youre wrong too haha

• Members

that pedal is def sick, but more than i need and also would a line level really help if there is a wall of fuzzed out destruction hitting it? doesnt seem like a solution unless the level is adjusting headroom of the pedal.

• Members

This.

• Members

this was my first thought too

• Members

pretty much seems like ill have to have an fx loop installed or hope the montavillian is the key. either way im pumped about buying a new delay.

That's what I came in to say...It seems like you have the exact same problem I used to have when mixing delay and fuzz...Tried a whole bunch of different fuzz pedals, delay pedals, guitars, amps...Till someone explained my dumb-ass what the fx loop on my amp is for:)

Problem solved. If you still want to get another delay pedal anyway, and you're open to suggestions: EQD is about to introduce a new and "different" sounding delay, according to what I read in another thread. No idea what it'll sound like, but impo ANY earhquaker pedal is at least worth a look.

• Members

He runs his Strymon Brigadier in his FX loop if you look at his sig.

That EQD delay looks interesting.

ordering the montavillian tomorrow. also ordering a voodoolab power supply among other things. this way i can run it at 18v and see how it handles the set up. the riffer (guy who makes the pharaoh) said he runs his into his bassman with a dd6 after his pharaoh and he has no problems. so hopefully the montavillian will be my savior

do you run the volume dimed?

• Members

Crohny, have you tried dialling the volume on the pharaoh back a bit? You'll probably find that after a certain point on the volume dial you're not adding any actual volume, only saturating your amp more. Might be an idea to find that optimal point where you stop adding volume and seeing if that works any better for you.

• Members

Crohny, have you tried dialling the volume on the pharaoh back a bit? You'll probably find that after a certain point on the volume dial you're not adding any actual volume, only saturating your amp more. Might be an idea to find that optimal point where you stop adding volume and seeing if that works any better for you.

yeah i noticed that the other night that it stops adding volume at about 3-4 i think. im going to have to go fire both amps tonight and {censored} with it more with a delay after the pharaoh.

• Members

crohny's biggest problem is he has no fx loop in his Bassman, which as others have said, it a fatal problem with using gained out fuzz.

I run the fuzz dimed and the volume at about 2 o'clock.

And this. I run it in the loop.

• Members

Are there external loops crohny could use or are those a waste of $$$ and sound like {censored} in the process?

they are still before the amp. only thing those do is take a {censored} tone of pedals out of your signal path so you dont kill your tone. which is cool, but wont really do anything for me. im conisdering having my amp modded with an fx loop and buying a back up bassman and doing the same thing. just incase haha

Archived