G-Lab True Bypass Wah Pad - Experiences?

SrDeMaFp

• Members

But how durable is it? Will it last if you constantly put your weight on it? I would feel better if they said something like it was tested for 1 millon pressure switches on/off with 40 - 50 lbs of weight or something like that. The cables for the wah are permanently attached? Can they be easily replaced? Because they don't look like the highest quality cables.

• Members

If it's anything like the gear I had, it'll be more solidly built using heavier duty components than you're likely to find from most other manufacturers. Your worries could be applied to ANY pedal, and I think this product will be better built than most.

The only downside I can see is that you won't be able to do the cocked wah thing and leave it alone?

• Members

If it's anything like the gear I had, it'll be more solidly built using heavier duty components than you're likely to find from most other manufacturers. Your worries could be applied to ANY pedal, and I think this product will be better built than most.

The only downside I can see is that you won't be able to do the cocked wah thing and leave it alone?

Not good enough. If they want my $150 of hard earned cash, they have to do better. Like show some kind of test results for how many pressure switches it is capable of. The cables at the very least should be easily replaced, based on how cheap they look.

• Members

Not good enough. If they want my $150 of hard earned cash, they have to do better. Like show some kind of test results for how many pressure switches it is capable of. The cables at the very least should be easily replaced, based on how cheap they look.

Do you have this attitude towards every purchase you make, or is this just special? Say you were going to buy a Boss Ps-6 or an EH micropog. Do you write to the head of R&D at Boss or EH demanding test data? If not, why are you being extra beligerent about this item?

• Members

Do you have this attitude towards every purchase you make, or is this just special? Say you were going to buy a Boss Ps-6 or an EH micropog. Do you write to the head of R&D at Boss or EH demanding test data? If not, why are you being extra beligerent about this item?

Let's face it, this pressure switch is quite unique, a different kind of switch than comes on your run of the mill stomp box and looks like it could go a lot quicker. Most peeps aren't too easy on their effects pedal either. That's why its not the same as any effects pedal. It's a specialized switching unit that should have a guarantee on how many switches it is capable of IMHO. Without some kind of guarantee I can get more than 10,000 switches (really should be much higher) out of the unit, they won't be getting my money.

• Members

1- it is not "pressure switch", a pressure switch send a CV like a potentiometer. More you push on the switch, more the value of the voltage increase. It is not like that here.

2- the switches used are momentary switches, which is very common !

BOSS an Ibanez pedals use the same kind of switch, only the electronic around differs. The good old Tube screamer use also momentary switch.

3- Is it a specialized switching unit, very unique ? Yes! but only because they had a good idea.

4- If the price is too high, you can easily build your own in DIY but it will be very hard to find the correct pressure and resistance when a pedal is on the plate.

I tried it so I know the problem

Archived