Whetstone and chorus question

OMTerria

• Members

I'm thinking about switching up some of my modulation. I generally use the Whetstone on one setting (all switches down, regular mode, feedback at 3:00, depth full) and was wondering if there wasn't something cheaper/smaller that could cop that sound. I really love it, but it seems like I can't really justify the extra stuff if I never use it.

Also thinking of perhaps switching out my BBE Mind Bender. What are some thick sounding choruses that are a bit more warbley (as opposed to the more 'static' DC-2 kind of thing)? Bonus points if it can get 100% wet. Depth and speed knobs are absolute musts, so stuff like the Small Clone is out of the question. That one Seppuku pedal looks awesome but I've heard some mixed things about them...

• Members

explain to me what those switches and {censored} do as I don't have a whetstone.

I've seen many awesome chorus pedals but I guess it really comes down to what you want to spend.. If you're going to ditch the whetstone I might suggest a Jack DeVille Mod Zero. They look really awesome. If I had that kind of money to blow on a pedal, I'd get rid of most of my modulation for that. It does everything you need minus phase. The wampler nirvana chorus also looks nice. On the cheap side though, the MXR analog chorus looks nice too.

Give me an example of the phase sound u like and I'd suggest just checking out every chorus pedal you see in person until you find what you like, Chorus is something people get picky about.

Archived