Behringer VP1 Phaser/EHX Small Stone...how similiar (sound/box size)

Johansolo

• Members

owned a EHX NYC Small stone a while back...quite liked it, but sold it for some reason,

owned a few phasers since (MXR EVH Phase 90 to Red Witch Moon phase...both now moved on) but for some reason, i think i want to go back to the small stone.

i aslo want ot get a small clone, NYC, mainly due to the size of the boxes, which will both fit perfectly in my board(second row/rear raised up so i dont have to make another tier etc)

not fussed bout TB as i have loopers and can mod them myself if need be

so since im looking for bothe a small clone and stone, i think i could skimp out on the phaser, as i really only use it for a subtle swoosh every now and then.

have heaps of pedal parts etc to replace the cheap behringer parts (seen a few gut shots...looks doable)

anyone got any experience with the Behringer VP1 (or vs the small stone?)

• Members

I demo'd the VP-1 at a music store, thought it got pretty close to the small stone sound, but it was terribly noisey and the knobs and footswitch felt real flimsy. I would suggest to spend a little more on the small stone, but if you have the parts and expertise to "upgrade" the behringer, I don't see why you shouldn't try.

• Members

phaser is such a weird effect

its usually mxr 90 or small stone for classic and great phasing

and evereything else for NOT those sounds... which eventually leads you to sell and go back to ^

but yeah, I got the behringer in trade a while back, was very close, but Im sure lemons are more likely than in the ehx

I want ehx to make an improved green sovtek small stone [EXACT same extra thick syrup sweep, smaller size, no bleed through, tone suck, volume bla bla bla] in a nano box :evil:

Archived