Alesis DataDisk Equivilant

augerinn

• Members

I sold one of these a while ago, and now I'm regretting it.

Is there anything else that will send and recieve sysex and is rack mountable, and also playback MIDI sequences ?

I'm wondering if I could just use my K2000, it has a floppy.....

Once I get my set list up and programmed into all my synths, I'll back it up to PC, but I don't want to drag my PC around with me.

• Members

Just FYI: the reason the DD was discontinued was because Sony stopped making the disk drive in it and Alesis didn't feel that sales justified rewriting the code for another drive. So if/when the disk drive dies in your Datadisk, it's unrepairable.

• Members

Just FYI: the reason the DD was discontinued was because Sony stopped making the disk drive in it and Alesis didn't feel that sales justified rewriting the code for another drive. So if/when the disk drive dies in your Datadisk, it's unrepairable.

If you are referring to the floppy drive, that's not so. The floppy drive in my DD died and I replace it with a $15 drive from CompUSA...it's been working perfectly for several years.

FWIW, Ensoniq SD1's (and, I assume, VFX-SD's and TS-series) can act as sys-ex data filers....

• Members

I sold one of these a while ago, and now I'm regretting it.

Is there anything else that will send and recieve sysex and is rack mountable, and also playback MIDI sequences ?

I'm wondering if I could just use my K2000, it has a floppy.....

Once I get my set list up and programmed into all my synths, I'll back it up to PC, but I don't want to drag my PC around with me.

I have an old DataDisk I'm not using any more... :wave: make me an offer. :thu:

• Members
Nope, no rackmount datadisk equivalent out there. I still have mine, my only complaint is the limited space of the floppy disk. If someone made a rackmount datadisk today that used USB thumbdrives in place of the floppy drive, that would be a hit product.

OK, so who here is an EE ? ;)

Archived