So what's up with the Hardwire TR-7

OMTerria

• Members

I have it and it's pretty nice. The vibe actually sounds like a uni-vibe and the controls operate the same (with the depth knob reducing the intensity of the effect and not just acting as mix knob). The dual-trem can make some interesting, almost stutter, textures. Some people aren't into the leslie sound on it. Of course it isn't a real dual-speaker cabinet, but I thought it sounded pretty good.

• Members

I remember when it came out, TGP panned it early, and few after that bought it. And the Hardwire Phaser has gone completely unnoticed. PGS was even discounting it before they even got a video up for it (I still don't think they have a video of it). I think the clips of it on Hardwires sight were pretty good too. I hated the lime green color though. Stupid reason for not getting a pedal though, especially a $100 pedal.

• Members

I remember when it came out, TGP panned it early, and few after that bought it. And the Hardwire Phaser has gone completely unnoticed. PGS was even discounting it before they even got a video up for it (I still don't think they have a video of it). I think the clips of it on Hardwires sight were pretty good too. I hated the lime green color though. Stupid reason for not getting a pedal though, especially a $100 pedal.

Despite the negative reviews (which seemed to center around the Leslie mode), I took a shot. I think the trems are really good and the Univibe was a nice surprise. The controls are pretty responsive and the sound is great. I'm going completely Ian Mackaye and just rockin' guitar to amp, so this one's getting added to the spam list. Otherwise it's a keeper.

Archived