OT: Just Moved to Boston. What's Good Here?

sonda01

• Members

Beverly?

Howdy howdy!!

I know of a delicious candy store in beverly farms... Its the best of boston (1994)

Bills music in peabody, old hollow body gibsons

Salem school of music, moog pedals

Ted cole's in salem is closing 70% off right now

Guitar center in danvers... Yeah, yeah

Daddy's junkie music on route one... Sometimes good deals can be had.

As far as snow goes... Welcome to hell my friend. I'm in salem by the way... Look out for my stuff on craigs list

• Members

Beverly?

Howdy howdy!!

I know of a delicious candy store in beverly farms... Its the best of boston (1994)

As far as snow goes... Welcome to hell my friend. I'm in salem by the way... Look out for my stuff on craigs list

Beat me to it

• Members

Beverly?

Howdy howdy!!

Add to this list Mr. Music in Allston to check out next time you're in the city. I highly recommend Bills Music, been going there for years, great selection and great guy. Sad that Ted Cole's is closing, but they've always sucked for guitar stuff, I'm sure they have some good notation on sale though. Record Exchange in Salem is a really cool vinyl spot.

Also get some good roast beef, you're northshore now. Kings in salem is where it's at. There's some halfway decent nightlife in Salem too, kinda.

I'm actually moving back home to the Northshore tomorrow and will probably be working at a boatyard in Beverly until I get a job with my degree.

Edit: The snow really isn't so bad, maybe I'm just used to it. I drive a 98 Volvo v70xc and I do fine. Many of my friends who don't drive awd cars do fine in the snow, you just have to know how to handle it. It's actually pretty popular to "drift" in the snow on bigger/emptier streets (ie. not salem)

• Members

thanks for the all the suggestions! i'm definitely going to check out the roast beef, and Bill's sounds promising!

as for car, i have an opportunity to land an '04 camry, so i might go with that.

I had a 98 camry for awhile. The most reliable car I've had out of four cars. Solid choice sir.

• Members

Im about 45 minutes from Boston and don't visit there as much as i should but...

1. For food, watch the "Phantom Gourmet" every Sunday at 10:30am - 11:30am , it is the best food should you will ever watch and just recommends stuff to eat in New England(mainly boston area) EPIC FOODZ

2. Dunno the rest

Archived