Craigslist Sellers Reality Check

ispunk

• Members

Thought I would post this before it gets flagged on CL. Not my rant but I lol'd

http://reading.craigslist.org/msg/2625932109.html

Ok people, it's sad that this stuff needs to be pointed out so listen up:

Some of the ads here are outright ridiculous and preposterous.. A first act guitar and amp for $150??? First Act is WALMART brand.. you can buy a much much much better guitar at guitar center for $99, called a Fender Squire, First Act is quite literally the cheapest {censored}tiest gear known to the music industry. Home-made is better.

And speaking of Fender squires.. yes you can buy them even for $79.99 if they are on sale, so why are some of you clown {censored}ers listing them for over $100, all banged up with belt buckle scratches and your dumb assed stickers all over them?? Do you really think people are that dumb?

And $275 for a marshall 1969A cab, with a gigantic {censored}ing HOLE in the back of it?!? Taped over by cardboard, no less. Several other disturbing cardboard cover-ups all over that cab.. I wouldn't even LOOK at it unless it were listed at $50 or less. You gotta be out of your mind to try and get almost 3 bills for it. But hey, that's why you've been relisting it for .. how many months now?

And lets now look at those ads where someone might assure us it's in good condition, yet they use a stock photo from the manufacturer's website instead of an actual photo of the item that is for sale. Well hello there Mr. "I'm hiding something", my name is gullable asshole, nice to meet ya...

No pic? No way I even bother to ask you about it.. who the {censored} is going to drive out and waste gas when you wont even show a pic of it in the ad. Don't act like it's hard to attach a pic, or to take a pic with a phone and text it to your email.. this is simple {censored} that if you are too dumb to figure out how to take and attach a simple pic to a craigslist ad, you should 1) not be on the internet 2) get sterilized and don't have kids cause you are WAAAAY to {censored}ing stupid to raise kids to be responsible adults.

Now let's talk about mods (modifications for those of you not in the know..)..

If you buy a {censored}ty $300 guitar, rip the color-coded pick guard off and paint it with some house-paint that doesn't match, replace the tuners with a mediocre brand, and add a bigsby-type (is it even a real bigsby?) bridge, that doesnt in any way INCREASE the value of the USED guitar to more than it's new price. you really think someone is going to pay $350 for that beat up pile of {censored} when they can get a shiny new one for $300?? Better yet, they can but something even better for $400 new! Not that the Epi Dots are bad guitars.. they are actually quite nice for the price, but you cant expect to make $$ on it. And if you argue you paid $399 for it.. well you should have shopped around, the non-dotted fret models are on sale all the time for $299. The guitar is worth about $125 after you jacked it up, so suck it up and deal.

The rest of you, this is an attempt to school you into not buying into ripoff artists bull{censored}.. do your homework and be smart, don't buy promises or based a buy on a photo from a magazine.

• Members

how about this one on our local one:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/msg/2625850908.html

boss pedals - $1 (everywhere )

Date: 2011-09-30, 1:14PM PDT

Reply to:
[Errors when replying to ads?]

Boss pedals are gayer then two fags {censored}ing!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2625850908

pickard facepalm.gif

• Members

I sometimes post stuff using a stock pic off the web (and say so). I might be at work and decide to list something. If it's in great shape with no ding, dents, or scratches.. who freak'n cares. If I don't describe something adequately and the buyer wants to talk me down he has a legit point. If I do describe it accurately then don't come over and waste my time offering a lower price, because I will say no to you even though I'll sell it to someone for that price. You have a better chance of talking me down in a email.

• Members

LOL Yeah I feel that, that's why I never ever EVER even thought of ever buying (or selling) anything on Craigslist...yeah I know eBay takes fees but if you know what you're doing you can usually get a fair price even after the fees if selling, and after buying 100's of items I;ve never had even one single problem...had a few asshole buyers but they were all zero-low feedback that didn't understand how eBay worked, and even though I had to bend over backwards for them to keep them happy, in the long run I had a great experience with eBay, still do to this day....

Also part of it is that I'm in CT, and the musical listings for CT Craigslist are just a joke, it's like a ghost town, there really isn't {censored} there...My brother has gotten some great deals buying bikes, car stuff and heavy equipment (and even a {censored}ing dump truck, no joke) and has made some decent bank selling a few items, and for {censored} like that it's great, but I really think that eBay is the ONLY way to go when buying and selling music stuff, ESPECIALLY in CT.

• Members

Here in Toronto Craigslist seriously sucks the big one, both the sellers and buyers are {censored}-ups.

Sellers - I'm convinced most of the {censored}ers go onto eBay, find the highest price sold, and then list it for 50% more. Then when you email them and cite a fair eBay price, their justification is, "well you don't have to pay taxes, shipping, duties". Well if that's the case, put your {censored}ing gear on eBay, I'll buy it for fair market value, and I'll come pick it up.

Buyers - {censored}ing cheap asses, I'm selling a Roland synth module for $200, mint condition. It's $200 {censored}ing dollars, you can barely buy a decent boutique pedal for that price these days, and the buyers are wankering away trying to chisel it down when $200 is less than what I could sell it for on eBay, and then all the "can I trade you my [insert really {censored}ty piece of gear here]?". My answer to that is {censored}you{censored}youNOOOOOOOOOO! It's for sale, it's in mint condition, you're going to get a better deal than if you got it on eBay, {censored} you, {censored} or get off the pot you {censored}ing wanker!

I've got about $1500 worth of various odds and ends and I decided {censored} it, I'm going to put it on eBay, I'll get more money for it and less dealing with Craigslist/Kijiji wankers.

Archived