Korg CX-3 help?

pizzafilms

• Members

Hey there,

I've been wanting to get a handle on Bill Champlin's excellent B3 sounds and read somewhere that he did some of the presets on the CX-3, the ones that begin with a "BC".

Specifically:

A4-BC Gospel1

B3-BC Lower Comp

E5-BC Schnoz

G1-BC Best Solo

G7=BC Rock Solo

H4-BC Best Full

Would some very kind CX-3 owner take the time to tell me what the drawbar, chorus & percussion settings are on those 6 presets? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

• Members

Hey there,

I've been wanting to get a handle on Bill Champlin's excellent B3 sounds and read somewhere that he did some of the presets on the CX-3, the ones that begin with a "BC".

Specifically:

A4-BC Gospel1

B3-BC Lower Comp

E5-BC Schnoz

G1-BC Best Solo

G7=BC Rock Solo

H4-BC Best Full

Would some
very kind
CX-3 owner take the time to tell me what the drawbar, chorus & percussion settings are on those 6 presets? I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!

I have one. I am not sure how to show the drawbar setting for the pre-defined patches. But I will check it out and if I can figure it out will jot down the drawbars for you.

I use BC lower comp a lot when playing with my rock cover band - good rock sound.

• Members

c4racer, THANK YOU!

I guess that you could call up each patch and take a look at the LCD of the drawbars and make a guess what the setting is based on 0-8, right? Does the display also show the percussion and chorus settings? Or amp distortion?

BTW, whether you're into Chicago or not, if you want to hear some KILLER B3 playing, check out Bill Champlin's playing on :Chicago Live in Concert" album. Seriously killer stuff. And probably the main reason for my B3 preset lust... ;)

Thanks again!

• Members

As a Hammond player of 38 years,mostly rock, I can tell you that almost NO player uses presets for an entire song. you start with the settings you use at the beginning of a song, then use the drawbars for effect as the song progresses. As you go up the keys,you add more of your bass drawbars and as you go down you roll off the bass bars and add more trebel bars. THERE IS NO DRAWBAR SETTING for a particular song !!!!! The left hand rolls to change timbre. I never could understand why anyone asks for drawbar settings for songs, such as Deep Purple,etc. As you become one with a Hammond, it is an emotional experience to interact with the bars within the song. Let's hear any disagreement to this style. I think it silly to ask for settings to a song.

Richard

Archived