Diamond Memory Lane Jr - brief review

gold_soundz

• Members

I haven't posted a pedal 'review' before (well, bullet point summary) but i thought I would on this occasion as I haven't seen too much written about the Diamond Memory Lane Jr.

Pro's

- A great tone of its own. It's not an emulation of anything, it just sounds good.

- Dry signal unaffected when engaged

- Long delay time of 1.2 seconds

- Modulation which is mild but noticable

- Tap Tempo

- Trails and good buffer option

- Simple

- Small, boss power jack, quality bypass, sturdy.

Negatives

- Delay signal cuts out when you change delay time. No spaceship tones.

- Simple

I have tried and used lots of delays, mainly analogue (DM2, DM3, DMM, AD80, AD9 old and new and maxon, AD999, carbon copy, aqua puss) but some digital (DDX's, wampler faux echo, el capistan, line 6). This is a new favourite of mine! Obviously tastes vary, but I like simple, great tone and fits into different rigs without messing up the tone of everything else, which this does.

• Members

I just picked one up last week. Totally agree, awesome delay. Clarity of a digital delay, but some of the analog warmth. I originally thought the spring loaded switch was stupid because i'd have to reset the subdivision everytime I powered it up. But, since it's spring loaded, I can actually change the subdivision with my foot instead of reaching down to change it. Totally loving that. Nice job Diamond :thu:

Archived