UK / Euro guys: where do you buy guitar parts (body & neck) from ?

warioblast

• Members

For whatever reason, at least when I searched for this, I found very little in Europe, certainly nothing like what there is in the US.

The best store I found was rockinger.com, they have everything you need to build some basic guitars, but they have very few options in terms of different models/woods/price points.

Other than that, I'd just search on eBay. There are a lot of smaller sellers who have a lot of parts.

• Members

You could also try contacting my friend, Paul Cuthbert - he's a top notch luthier and guitar tech, and he'd be able to build you a neck or body for really reasonable prices if you like.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1279596600

His most recent build looks like this:

228661_10150601071910214_676700213_18723
224328_10150601071995214_676700213_18723

Nice craftmanship. I've been wanting a new guitar for quite some time now but I'm still not set on the body shape. I want filtertrons and a rosewood / ebony fretboard.

• Members

I would recommend Rockinger for necks and hardware. They offer probably the best necks in europe with a fantastic thin satin feel on the back. Every single neck I held in my hands had a very slight flame and beautiful woodgrain patterns. The frets have already been dressed and you can expect very good quality for your money.

I have also seen some really cheap great stuff but also some rubbish with undressed frets, horrible sticky lacquer...

Archived