Phaser Predicament

• Members

Welp, my Malekko Phase is on the fritz.

It's got an awful buzz when on. I know it's the pedal and not the cables or anything.

I bought it used and it's a couple years old so I doubt it's under warranty, and even if it was I am so broke right now, it's ridiculous, don't even wanna mess with shipping it/potentually paying a repeair fee. Eventually, because it's a nice pedal, but right now it's not in the cards.

I've got a boost in the spam thread but everyone and their mother has a boost and they seem less in than they were so it'll probably sit for awhile.

What I do have is 33 ebay bucks leftover from buying my So Cal, and there are a couple phasers on ebay that can be had for that, namely the Behringer. What I worry for with cheap modulation is volume drops, but this has a level knob (and I know it's volume and not effect depth because there is a depth knob too). So, I wonder if it might be worth it to give it a shot.

I've also got a buffer that soulsonicfx made me, AND the buffer in the 616 (which I keep off, but it's there if I need it), so I should be covered if it's a tone sucker right?

What would you do in my shoes?

TL;DR

I need a phaser because my Malekko is buzzy and my only spendable money right now is 33 ebay bucks... what would you do? Think the Behringer might be worth a shot?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=phaser+pedal

_c333062_image_0.jpg

Looks like a lot of phaser for the cheaps... curious.

• Members

I would work it out with Malekko. You can survive for a show or two without a phaser...pretty sure the venue won't banish you from ever playing again just because you are sans phaser.

Just ride your wahwah or chorus instead.

Don't throw away money on a p.o.s. pedal due to impatience.

• Members

I would work it out with Malekko. You can survive for a show or two without a phaser...pretty sure the venue won't banish you from ever playing again just because you are sans phaser.

Just ride your wahwah or chorus instead.

Don't throw away money on a p.o.s. pedal due to impatience.

Ugh, see I know you're right, but I love phaser! I have no chorus or wah. Got an E Filter that'll hafta do the trick for a bit. Meh, still though, for 30 bucks that I can't spend anywhere but the bay that will be gone if I don't buy something in 3 weeks... I wonder how those things are.

Also, why can't a het'rosexual guy tell a het'rosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly? Not all the time, obviously. Only when he's havin problems with his self esteem.

Archived