Recommend me a Clean Boost, please!

dwerlin

• Members

How about any overdrive pedal but with the gain at zero? As soon as you turn up the gain knob that's when you begin to add the overdrive's character to your sound, but at zero you aren't adding any.

I don't think that's true? If you did that with a TS9/808, wouldn't you still get the mid bump?

• Members

Hey,

So, I'm looking for a clean boost to use with my Marshall Class5, with no coloration or EQ shenanigans going on inside (transparent is key).

My goal is to kick on the boost to emulate the volume knob on the amp going up from 4 to 5~6 (via a stomp box, so that I wouldn't need to keep manually tweaking the volume at the amp).

Looking to spend under $100 for this.

Thanks!

Volume knob on your guitar - it's free.

• Members

Volume knob on your guitar - it's free.

I have messed around with the volume on the guitar, and it just loses something when I don't have it dimed. Sparkle maybe? It just seems to dull the tone when I do that. Though I certainly don't have the best guitar in the world...

• Members

I have messed around with the volume on the guitar, and it just loses something when I don't have it dimed. Sparkle maybe? It just seems to dull the tone when I do that. Though I certainly don't have the best guitar in the world...

Install (or have installed) a treble bleed cap on your volume pot - simple fix.

• Members

I don't think that's true? If you did that with a TS9/808, wouldn't you still get the mid bump?

Never played an actual TS9 but i have a Bad Monkey. I don't hear any added mids when i kick in the pedal (level at 10, gain at 0). I might be mistaken with this comparison though.

• Members

Never played an actual TS9 but i have a Bad Monkey. I don't hear any added mids when i kick in the pedal (level at 10, gain at 0). I might be mistaken with this comparison though.

The Bad Monkey has different tone controls than a single-knob "tone" overdrive, so I'd expect it to behave differently than a TS9/808. I'd be curious, if you mess with the tone controls on the Bad Monkey, and only use Level, will it alter the tone of your signal?

Archived