New Analog Mono Synth: Leipzig-K

Teoman

• Members

Hmmm, if you are looking for osc shaping capable synths that's a different story. You must be a hard customer to be satisfied :cop:;) I guess you don't have too much alternatives, maybe Stromberg would be a good candidate. Or a PPG Wave 2.3 with Waveterm could be the deal :cool:

• Members

Hmmm, if you are looking for osc shaping capable synths that's a different story. You must be a hard customer to be satisfied
:cop:;)
I guess you don't have too much alternatives, maybe Stromberg would be a good candidate. Or a PPG Wave 2.3 with Waveterm could be the deal
:cool:

Absynth 4 gives me control over the harmonic content but it's software of course and the interface isn't something I'd call "gigable" as an instrument.

Sampling it into my M3 would have to do if I wanted to do band work.

• Members

In my thread, which I've brought back from the dead for your edification, I wasn't able to get a single person to post a link to a decent demo. The ones on their site are really awfull in terms of giving an impression of what the keyboard is really like.

Yeah, you weren't kidding. I can't find a damn thing about this keyboard anywhere. It's an audio demo desert.....

• Members

Thusfar this is the Little Phatty killer. It's got two VCO's, two subs for the VCO's, multiple modulation possibilities, Ton's of knobbage, and A FREAKING NOISE SOURCE!

The only thing I can see wrong is that it's 300 bucks less than a Prophet 08. By and large this thing looks like a total winner.

• Members

Thusfar this is the Little Phatty killer.

I wouldn't say that at all. The routing is limited, the envelopes are "crippled", there's no memory...

Bottom line is they're quite different from each other.

The LP sounds wonderful. :love:

...the Leipzig might also - it will certainly sound different though - thus my interest. Variety = spice! ;)

• Members

I wouldn't say that at all. The routing is limited, the envelopes are "crippled", there's no memory...

Bottom line is they're quite different from each other.

The LP sounds
wonderful
:love:
...the Leipzig might also - it will certainly sound
different
though - thus my interest. Variety = spice!
;)

I wouldn't call the envelope "crippled"..... although the memory thing does suck......

And as mentioned it's price tag proximity to the Prophet 08 makes me think twice.

• Members

I would. Sustain is either
100% or none at all
and Decay and Release are
ganged together
:freak:
...there are plenty of patches I make that require a short Decay but a long Release.

Hehe, I need to read more..... I keep posting before knowing. Sorry about that :facepalm:

The above mentioned sounds like utter garbage though. Amp envelope only being 0 or 100% ?!? That's insanity!

Edit: I'm looking at the faceplate and there is logical reason why they couldn't have included a full ADSR envelope........ they choose to place LED's where a fourth knob would have been.

and in the phatty's defense it does have a software editor too, which although it's easy enough to program, I do appreciate. I've grown up on soft synths and my virus TI and I appreciate dual programability. I'm hoping to get a nice analog for basses and leads in the next year, hence my interest in all these....

• Members

If I had $1650 to spend on one synth, I'd buy a Mattson Mini Modular before I bought this Leipzig thing, just based on the sound files.

And I wouldn't compare it to any Moog, no matter how many times the company uses the words "ladder", "24dB" and "filter" in a sentence together. The handful of samples I've heard are not Moog-like.

Positives: it does look cool.

• Members

LOL! Thanks!
:thu:

I'll be having quite a few of these over the next few days:

stone_ruin.jpg

that's good stuff. they actually sell that at my little corner store, which is great....I've finally been able to find some stuff from Russian River in the last couple of weeks, and just had their Pliny the Elder IPA. Like that even better than the Stone....

• Members

It is not in your blog that I saw, but have you Tried Alpha King IPA from Three Floyds Brewery? It hails from my part of the country...and it is very good. I like the Ruination but I like the Alpha King mo'betta'.

I was out in Portland in October. I had a self guided brewery tour. I went to a brewery had a couple and asked them where I should go next, hopped on the bus and repeat....it was a blissful day.

Archived