I need a new delay.

Spectermagic

• Members

It occurred to me the other day that I don't use my DD-20 to its full potential so I'd like to downsize to just a single stomper. I really like the DMM but it's a little out of my price range. I'm looking for something in the $150 range, preferably analog, and the max delay time I would see myself using is about 400ms. Any suggestions?

• Members

agreed, check out the Carbon Copy. you can find one used for $100 easily. very nice sounding delay and easy to use.

personally i like the CC more. but try testing both if you can :idk: its too bad the mod depth and rate pots are just trimpots inside and not easily accessible on the outside :(

• Members

I've owned both before. The MXR Carbon Copy is great for a nice and fairly dark sound. It's your typical "dark analog" delay pedal and has the option of a pretty good modulation. I personally preferred the Malekko 616 because it offered some more extreme sounds. The 616 has modulation that can get pretty whacky and its self-oscillation was pretty intense compared to the Carbon Copy.

• Members

I live in the worst part of the country for a gearhead so I don't really get to try a lot of stuff out. I don't necessarily need an analog delay, i just really like the lush sounds they have. If anyone has any good digital delays they'd like to recommend in that price range let me know!

• Members

yea, the echobox looks really cool and has gotten good reviews i think.

look at something like hte boss DD-7 or TC Flashback :idk: both are solid all around versatile digital delays. small footprint, can do looping. the DD-7 is great, love the reverse mode on it. the analog sounds pretty damn good, as does the modulated delay. plus pristine digital delays when needed

just picked up a DD-7 again for myself. i used to have one and traded it for a catalinbraed formula no. 5 that i really enjoy, but realized i really missed the dd-7. the only pedal i've ever bought twice :facepalm:

Archived