switching mt 72' ri over to a black dove- good idea?

spoonie g

• Members

you dont say....

He did though... :poke:

I personally would keep looking to see if there's anything else out there that can get you the sound you're looking for while being less invasive. The Black Dove tele was on my wish list for a short while, but then I realized I'd rather just find the right pickups for the tele I already own. I thought for the longest time that I wanted P-90's, but I'm pretty sold on the Fralin Split Blades at this point.

• Members

He did though... :poke:

I personally would keep looking to see if there's anything else out there that can get you the sound you're looking for while being less invasive. The Black Dove tele was on my wish list for a short while, but then I realized I'd rather just find the right pickups for the tele I already own. I thought for the longest time that I wanted P-90's, but I'm pretty sold on the Fralin Split Blades at this point.

Hmmm. the black dove cutout is 3.375" x 1.375 while the WRHB are 3.14 x 1.77, but 3.465 to the adjustment screws. I would think that would mean the cut out would be wide enough, right?

• Members

Oh yeah, wide range... The newer ones don't get such a good rap it seems. But the black dove pickups do. And you already know you like the sound of them. What's holding you back from just going for it?

I was just curious of opinions, as I don't have one near me to try.

Archived