Anyone play/have a Gibson GA 75 Recording amp?

Josh33

• Members

Kinda been wanting a new amp for gigging lately. Ideally it would be a 2x10 or 2x12 combo around 20 watts.

And this popped up on craigslist. Anyone know anything about them? Are they even worth it? Seems like it meets my criteria but i have no clue on how they sound or their quality.

how much would you say these go for?

5G75K65Hc3Kf3F13Jac2pc17c27fa9e2c18ac.jp

Erksin you know about old gibsons right?

• Members

Yeah - it's a '65, 2-6L6s, looks to be the 2-10" model and not the 1-15" from the cab shape. If it's 2-10s, they should be decent CTSs in there - 15" should be a JBL D-130 which would be a score.

No frills like trem or reverb which is a little sad because I think the trem and reverb on the Crestline series is about the best on any amp line ever, but it's a really good sounding amp regardless. That one looks really clean too.

How much is the guy asking?

• Members

The guy said it is the 2-10 model with a cover and everything. The other pictures dont really show the speakers well but it seems pretty clean. Hes asking 650$.. i have no idea if that is good or not. whatcha think?

Wish it had that sexy trem, but its not really a deal breaker for me. Does it compare to any other more common amps or is it a league of its own?

• Members

The guy said it is the 2-10 model with a cover and everything. The other pictures dont really show the speakers well but it seems pretty clean. Hes asking 650$.. i have no idea if that is good or not. whatcha think?

Wish it had that sexy trem, but its not really a deal breaker for me. Does it compare to any other more common amps or is it a league of its own?

I think $650 for an amp in that condition is pretty fricking incredible - they're rare too, less than 200 were made.

Hard to say if they compare to anything else more readily available. Warmer than say a Fender Vibrolux with greater headroom overall. The rear panels on these things are huge so it behaves almost like a closed-back cab - really moves some air and has decent punch to it.

If it has original speakers and tubes you're gonna score an amp that I think is worth at least $1000. Even if it has some issues due to long periods of storage, it wouldn't take much to have it running like new.

Archived