Weird sound coming from my amp

raj1988

• Members

hey all!

There's this weird humming/scratching sound that is coming from my amp when i plug in and turn it on. One IC was replaced by a local tech before which the amp had gone dead. But once it was replaced, after a couple of days this sound started coming from it. Any of the experts here who can help me out with this?

Thanks a lot!

Heres a video clip

[video=youtube;UF4myhJ4ITU]

• Members

thats a lc15r right?

try to tip on the power amp tubes with a pencil if this affect the scratching and makes it louder or you get other crackle sounds with it.

if so, it would be time to replace the power tubes

other than that i don't know, if a preamp tube is gone, most of the time there is no sound, but you could try test replace one by one with a working one, to see if it comes from there....

i have also lately some troubles with my lc15r. i use it with a 2x12 cab and the amp sits on top. my problem is that i burnt now the second pair of power tubes with not so much play time.

i don't know if it is, because it sits on the 2x12 cab and moves when i play, or if it is due the fact that i turned the master fairly high to cut through in band situation.

this thing sounds so sweet with the 2x12 and the TAD el84, but if i need to swap tubes every 5 to 10 rehearsals it sucks bad.

• Members

Thats odd...Ive had to replace the power tubes once every year. Haven't had any issues with the amp other than this. It is a sweet sounding amp. Even I run it through a 212 with v30s. Sounds naaaaiice!

turn the delay off and deoxit ...

I wish there was a delay on it. Then I would just have to turn it off and life would be back to normal. I wouldn't have to go through the trouble of uploading the video and starting a thread here. :p

I've already used DeOxit on all the pots. Thats how I busted the IC in the first place heh. I wonder if its time to replace the pots.

Archived