Pete Cornish stereo effects unit for sale - flame away.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
who cares about "military spec wiring?" is that necessary?

shielded wiring sure is nice in a fuzz pedal... but then again people have been doing that in stompboxes since 1965 so what's so special about the wiring of these? just because most other "boutique" pedal builders are amateurs :idk:

• Members

If this thread is truly about the Ebay auction (which I felt it stopped being about a long time ago) then I agree. I personally don't want a pedalboard like that one and certainly wouldn't pay top dollar for it. If the thread is about Pete, then my contention is that only people that really "need" (ahem) what Pete offers are going to appreciate and value what Pete does. The world has come a long way in 30 years (as far as infrastructure, reliable power in urban areas, etc...) so has gear. Maybe Pete isn't as "necessary" as he once was when people like Gilmour were taking a handful of cheap transistorized boxes (like big Muffs) around the world to play in inhospitable places. But, like I said - I had one Cornish pedal (an SS-2) and it didn't sound or respond like anything else I have ever played. It isn't the "Holy Grail" or anything, just a high-quality unit. Pete does what he does. 99% of us here would never even approach "needing" what he offers, and thus the value of what he offers is under-appreciated (IMO), and those that simplify what he does to "he rehouses Boss pedals" are either trolling, ass-{censored} stupid, or willfully ignorant. :idk:

• Members

If someone buys it, it is literally worth that much.

FWIW, in 1996 I was playing a very crappy no name strat copy into a zoom 505 into a 15 watt solid state RAM amplifier. I probably would have thought this was pretty cool back then.

Archived